Search this blog

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nothing like pain to make you humble....

Today I spent the day in the park trying to learn a form from the drunken system. Lan Tsai He - one of the Eight Drunken Immortals and it kicked my ass. I am sore everywhere, my back , legs and muscles that I never thought useful. The drunken system is taught in our system right before disciples become masters and I am pretty far off. It was good to see how hard it was, catterpillar rolls, sinking one legged squats and many other physically challenging moves, some of which I couldn't do. It was good because I realized I have a very long way to go before I get there. It gave me a goal to strive for: When I test over it, I will perform all the moves in it. I also realized how much harder I have to train in order to get there.

No comments: